WASHINGTON APPLE BREAD PUDDING
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding with Maple Caramel and OLA ToastPrint Pin
- 4 small Cosmic Crisp Apples,peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 can (12 oz) coconut milk
- 2 cans (7.5 oz each) coconut sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking spice
- 8 cups vegan brioche*, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
MAPLE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Flower Farma's OLA Toast
- sea salt, vanilla, or cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x13” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, condensed milk, vanilla bean paste, orange zest, cinnamon and baking spice.
- Add the cubed bread, apples and pecans to the prepared baking dish. Toss to combine.
- Pour the custard mixture over the bread. Carefully toss to coat, making sure that the bread is submerged in the custard. Let stand to allow the bread to soak up the custard, 10 minutes.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until the center has set and a toothpick inserted has come out clean.
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together in a saucepan over low heat for 1 minute. Whisk in the almond butter and OLA Toast for about 30 seconds until fully incorporated and very smooth.
- Serve bread pudding warm, topped with caramel sauce.
*can be found at Trader Joe’s. May substitute with regular brioche for vegetarian option.