TOMATO CREAM SOUP
fresh oregano | crushed chili flakes | garlic creamOLIVE OLA drizzlePrint Pin
- 1 immersion blender
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 28 oz. cans whole tomatoes
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 2 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (chopped)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (or more) cashew cream
- kosher salt & freshly ground blackpepper
- 1 bottle OLA Olive
- Heat olive oil in large, non-reactive sauce pan.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is completely soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add tomato paste.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, until paste has begun to caramelize in spots, 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices, shredded carrot, chili flakes, oregano, basil and vegetable stock to pot.
- Increase heat to high; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until flavors meld and soup has reduced by half, 45-55 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Discard basil sprigs.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup.
- Stir in cashew cream. Simmer soup until flavors meld, 10-15 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper. Add more cashew cream, if desired.
- Drizzle with desired amount of OLA Olive.