- 114 ounce can coconut cream*
- 3 tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup ((plus more to taste))
- Place coconut cream and lemon zest in a small saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Add lemon juice and arrowroot to a small mixing bowl and whisk to thoroughly dissolve. Thenadd to the coconut cream mixture. Stir until combined.
- Lastly, if desired, add maple syrup. Start with 1/2 tablespoon and increase to desiredsweetness. Whisk again until well combined.
- Place saucepan over medium heat, whisking often, bring to a simmer. Once it startsthickening, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until a visible ribbon formswhen spooning a bit of the curd across the top. It should be thick and kind of custard-like intexture.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, then whisk once more and transfer to a glass bowl or jar. Cover withplastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap touches the curd.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, or until completely chilled and set. Will keep inthe refrigerator for 7-10 days, though best within the first 4-5 days.
Love to serve this with Citrus OLA Oil cake with Toast marinated berries.