CARROT TATER TOTS
red pepper panko | chimichurri | brown butter thyme | spicy maple mustardOLA Savor drizzlePrint Pin
Servings: 8 people
- Food Processor
- 1 1/2 lbs Fresh Spring carrots (peeled)
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb Fresh Spring carrots (peeled and shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) (divided)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Anise
- Zest of one orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Plant milk
- Desired serving size of OLA Savor
- Spicy mustard
- Toss l l/2 lbs carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in a 400°F oven for 45 minutes or until carrots are softened and browned. Turn carrots once while roasting. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Blend cooled carrots in a food processor until creamy, adding l/4 cup olive oil with food processor running to emulsify.
- In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients except for the plant milk and l cup panko. Add pureed carrots to the bowl and stir to combine. Add plant milk in two additions while incorporating ingredients. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove from the fridge and shape batter into 1" by 1/2" tots. Place remaining panko on a plate and dredge each tot to coat. (Tots can be frozen at this point for up to one month.)
- Arrange a rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spray with nonstick spray, then transfer tots to rack. Bake tots until deep golden brown (check by piercing a tot with a paring knife), 22-25 minutes. Serve immediately with OLA Savor and spicy mustard.
FOR EXTRA-CRISPY TOTS, fill a large, deep-sided skillet with 1" vegetable oil and heat over medium to 350°F. Working in batches, fry tots, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined platter or baking sheet. Serve immediately with SAVOR OLA or OLA Naked and spicy mustard.