CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH FENNEL
local asparagus | seared fennel | whipped cashew crème fraicheOLA Bright floatPrint Pin
Servings: 6 people
- 1 Blender
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small bulb fennel (shaved)
- 3 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- red chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup picked fresh thyme
- 1 bunch local asparagus (chopped)
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 cup cashew cream
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 bottle OLA Bright
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, fennel, salt and pepper and sauté ﬁve minutes.
- Add the asparagus, garlic and shallot, additional salt and pepper and red chili ﬂakes. Sauté about 15 minutes
- Add the fresh thyme and vegetable stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the cashew cream and simmer additional 10 minutes.
- Working in small batches, pour the soup into a blender and blend on high speed. Add the spinach to the last batch and continue blending until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a large bowl and stir to incorporate the spinach batch.
- Ladle into small bowls and garnish with microgreens, whipped cashew cream and drizzle with OLA Bright.